Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why Learn Hypnotherapy for self hypnosis?

If you are serious about self hypnosis then learning hypnotherapy is not as crazy as it sounds. The reason being that hypnotherapy is all about a deeper understanding about our psychological triggers and our individual neuro-linguistic programming (NLP).

Hypnotherapy opposed to hypnosis
The difference here is that hypnosis is generally known as a method to persuade someone to do something in one sitting however hypnotherapy is about taking numerous sessions to find out exactly what your emotional scars are, the reasons for insecurity and linking your reactions to certain situations based on your past life experiences.


The benefit of self hypnotherapy
I guess the benefit is that if you really take time to understand why you react the way you do to certain issues then it is easier to hypnotize yourself (or persuade yourself) to do something.

e.g. I personally had a fear of small spaces and there was nothing that would convince me to get into a small cave or tunnel. When analyzing myself and this reaction I finally discovered that this reaction was due to the lack of control that I had in this situation. There was nothing that I could do to change the size of the space I was in and therefore I felt as though I had no control. Once I discovered this then I began using the hypnotic suggestive phrase of, ”do not fight what you can not change, stay in control of yourself.” This really worked for me because I understood my own reaction trigger so when it comes to yourself you need to find your own.


Evidence that this works
The best evidence that I can give you is that the best hypnotists in the World have all studied hypnotherapy at some stage and have all profited from the results. Obviously if you want to become good at something then you should follow in successful peoples footsteps and this is a perfect example. If you would like more information on the matter I would recommend looking at the resources available on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment